Saturday, January 29, 2011

Bosch Dish Washer Reset

PIG! Pork lard for home made


Premesse:
-Tempo fa ho postato i calzoni al forno fatti con impasto di rosticceria siciliana, and on that occasion I said to have used home made lard made from a recipe found on Wikipidia.
-Recently I was invited to participate in this context.
Actually, I was hesitant to compare a human PIG (with a capital B) on a pig fattening pig is put on our stomach, and from which you do not throw anything at all, while the other one I would not use even the newspaper with his picture to wrap fish.

Not to be outdone and to put my grain with those of the many bloggers who are trying to spread the news as they really are, in order to counter the press regime with meaning distorted and biased, I adhere to this project.

And here I am again to redo the lard with the bacon as a token contribution to this association among bloggers.

Today, despite the fact that for me is a very intense period, I put out of the freezer this beautiful piece of bacon (170 gr), was a bit 'that I intended to use it for that purpose.

I sliced \u200b\u200binto strips and then (so the "crackling" it toasts better) and put to cook over very low heat with cover. In this way the fat is liquid, transparent and abundant.

As the fat melts should pour into a sterilized glass jar well, running it through a paper towel. Close the jar with the lid and allow to cool

These are the "crackling", which I lightly salted and peppered. Spiluccarli are a delicious delicacies while sipping a glass of good red wine.

From that piece of bacon I have gained about 90 grams of lard. When it is hot, it is clear

pomatia becomes cold and white.

must let it cool and keep tightly closed in refrigerator to prevent rancidity. Before I put the lid closed the mouth of the container with a piece of parchment paper to prevent contamination from any existing micro-scratches on the inside of the lid.

report what I found written on Wikipedia in this regard:
In industrial production / craft sometimes uses high temperature steam as a heat source, and sometimes lard are added antioxidant and / or salt for better conservation, as the lack of natural antioxidants makes easily become rancid if kept in air. The lard can be stored for several months but should be stored in a refrigerator with a package that ensures the isolation of the product from the air and in the absence of contamination, or in the freezer, always within closed containers, for even longer.

This week I made sandwiches at amazingly soft lard, of course we must not abuse it, since it is an animal fat, but in place of butter in there is leavened with wonder.

with this participation to "get rid of the pig!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment